View Single Post
Old
07-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
I got the impression from the interview that Poile is going to take a wait and see approach in regards to UFA. Who knows which way will be better (agressive or passive) in determining the new climate...but I do hope we add somone even if it isn't a big name. One thing that stood out to me in his interview was he said the Preds may not qualify everyone. Instead, they could go out and get somone from the market instead. I'm wondering if this means we can kiss Lilja and Orszagh goodbye, or if it just is speculation at this point. Also, it looks like Walker's comments have not blinded Poile (well, that is speculation but as vopat pointed out he included Walker on the short list of best players, etc.)

Regardless, I'm wondering how high we will spend next season. My guess is 26-28 million with the possibility of adding higher salaries through the draft or trades later in the season.

The Preds desperately need a center - whether it is another 3rd liner or a top line player.....we still need one. If we could get a player in the mold of Andrei Nikolishin, it would really go along way to helping our forwards corps as a unit. However, all of us would like to get a Demitra or to a lesser degree Turgeon to bolster our front 6.