View Single Post
Old
07-14-2005, 12:15 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
If there are some young, quality players on the landscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate
Atlanta: I hope you are wrong. A top three choice is what we need. If you look at another thread, I just posted some observations on Brule. In addition, we need to watch how Sather deals with ufa's. I reviewing the espn breakdown, I'm starting to believe that we need to release Holik since there will be some attractive and fairly young ufA'S. The only way I keep Holik is if we draft either Crosby or Brule. Although I love Holik, under the new landscape, I do not believe we can keep him.
as UFA's you definitely buy out holik, kaspar and nylander. You clear away as much money as possible to outbid anybody. This is where the financial resources of a cablevision comes into play. If however the UFA's are of similar age I would be less inclined to buyout players. I don't like paying for the samething twice. The money could be better spent down the road. I still think there will be teams that would take a Holik or kaspar off our hands at the trading deadline. Both only have this year and next. I especially see that happening if we pay half of the $.