View Single Post
Old
02-08-2011, 03:35 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
The clock ticks on all players-great or small. Some have more longevity than others.

Avery is pretty much the same production wise as he's been. He's been playing fairly well apart from the fact that he's mostly getting 4th line duties and can't seem to buy a goal. He's got lots of shots--he hasn't been finishing. Just go look at the stats. I believe he's over 100 shots on goal now. How many other 4th liners around the league have that many? Has he been unlucky?--somewhat but he's not a good finisher. He does play hard. He has been setting up plays. He's been dropping the gloves. He's not been getting tons of minutes. He's not the greatest in his defensive end but he's not terrible either. He plays hard. I think I've said that but it bears repeating.

He's not very tradeable. We all know why. Put him in Hartford? Who down there is ready to replace him? Would make the Rangers a better team? No one. After this season he has one year left on his current contract. I'm not sure he'll be re-signed by us after that because a) he won't be getting anywhere near $4 mil again--so he'd have to accept a big pay cut and I'm not sure he would and b) he might not fit into the Rangers plans as they have more youngsters like Kreider, Hagelin, hopefully Grachev, Weise and maybe Thomas and Werek who should be ready to at least compete for jobs by then.

For the time being though he adds pizzazz to the lineup. Hopefully he'll start scoring the odd goal--he got stopped on a breakaway tonight. Not at all ready to pull the plug on him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote