Thread: Value of: Ales Hemsky to Boston?
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2011, 05:21 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Toronto's #1 draft pick? Is about even. Oilers are rebuilding and Hemsky takes the Bruins from a darkhorse to Cup favorite
Hemsky is not one of the players I'd move the TOR pick for. I may not have it AS untouchable as other posters, but it'd be used in a package for someone better than Hemsky, and that is no slight on Hemsky.

Boston's first would be in play. Prospects? depends on who. What are the Oilers looking for specifically? We can get you a glut of picks or a 1st and a decent prospect. As for roster players, depends on who you are asking for. Bruins would likely move picks and prospects over anyone on the core. I can see Wheeler being available, but he's got mixed value across hfboards; he's young enough that he can grow with a rebuilding team, while improving he still has some holes in his game. Basically he is an NHL-ready project player who may/may not get better. Paille's just not that valuable. Someone on our defense can be moved if we have a subsequent deal bringing in an upgrade. I hear the Oilers are in search for a solid stay-at-home defenseman. Mark Stuart would fit that bill... if you could resign him, he'd be a fit; but he's a UFA. Outside of that not sure what other roster players are available that would fit your needs.

Hemsky is good, but I wouldn't say adding just him would make us a cup favorite. He COULD be A piece of the puzzle, but I don't see him as THE piece. The Bruins need to address other issues than just replacing Savard, so we can pay a slightly higher value, but we likely won't overpay given our circumstances.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote