Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2011, 06:52 AM
  #266
gleanerguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cishockeyfan View Post
This is a good foot forward by STU University. Change needs to be made, and its the right time with the new rink on the way. I give it a 85% chance Mike will be Athletic Director, and a generous 15% to still be Men's Hockey coach.

They Need a Tom Coolen, Pete Beliveau type guy in place to sell the program to new potential players, and start the era of a new rink in the right direction.

speaking of what is Tom Coolen's current Status
Tom is in town, teaching school I believe, and works with NHL Central Scouting rep for Atlantic Canada for the Quebec League. May or may not be keen to coach again. Another name to consider....Don MacAdam. Either would spice up the rivalry with UNB again at least, keeping interest up until the program had time to get good again.

gleanerguy is offline