Thread: Value of: Ales Hemsky to Boston?
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Fat Jughead

vCash: 500
It's easy to get excited about the prospect of having Hemmer running the half wall on the B's PP, but none of it makes sense to me from a value standpoint, for either club.

Hemsky's contract's up at the end of the year and nobody's even sure if Savard's done playing hockey after this season, so that sort of makes the acquisition of Hemsky a rental. Not that the B's couldn't use a player like Hemsky if Savard's on the team, I just don't think they could ever fit them both under the cap when you consider the upgrade(s) they'll be looking to make on the blueline as well.

Hemmer's easily worth a lottery pick++ IMHO when he's healthy, but he never is. That alone knocks his value down to the late 1st round with ANY club. The fact that he's likely a rental to the B's knocks it all the way back to a late 2nd, and I would even argue a 3rd.

Edmonton's not interested in getting jobbed like that...at least I hope not. I may be a Bruins fan, but I hate seeing the Oil look like this. I'm not sure as they have even 1 NHL ready prospect left in the AHL. I'm pretty sure they're all up in the big show getting their ***** handed to em. Can be painful to watch on a good night.

Need picks and need good one's for a player as good as Hemmer, and any team with a spare 4th line sitting on the farm that's willing to crash and bang and fight and kill ****ing penalties, would be a real bonus.

Someone with a real need going into the playoffs and the ability to re-sign em will take a chance and pay fair value (back half of the 1st rd+2nd+stay at home roster defenseman, or 3 forward line prospects ready to make the jump to the NHL and bleed all over the ice in a grinder role.

I don't see it being the Bruins though. Risk/reward is far too out of whack despite having the assets to easily make it happen.

I think it'll be the Rangers. (barf)

Fat Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote