View Single Post
Old
02-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Seguins Dragon*

vCash: 500
Honestly...

If Kaberle is signed for 4 years at 16-18 million at the time of the trade (ie- sign and trade as Kaberle said he wanted an extention)

I would do

Tor 1st

for

Kaberle (signed at 4 years for cap hit 4.5 or lower)

I know some people will balk and say ridiculous.... fact is, it is difficult to find a good PMD, as well as someone who can eat up 20 mins a night... Kaberle is a great #2 defenseman, he isn't a #1 guy, but we don't need that... we have a top 3 defender, just no one in that #2 slot and we have an average #3 in Seidenberg, the rest are all #4 dmen... this would increase our defensive depth hugely!!!

Boston is on the cusp of making a cup contender... having a signed Kaberle for the next 4 years at a decent cap hit will go along way to help them... as well as those potential Bruin fans complaining about my proposal... Kessel trade becomes Kessel for Knight, Seguin and Kaberle... not bad, considering it was to be Kaberle + 7th overall

I am sure once Boston fans see a dman who can carry the puck out of the zone and avoid opposing teams forecheck they will like the deal... once Toronto finishes bottom 5 and have their own pick, their fans will like the deal too... it makes a lot of sense.

If no deal in that regard can be struck to an extension and its strictly a rental Kaberle....

Wheeler + conditional 2nd (conditional 2nd becomes Boston 1st if Kaberle re-signs with Boston)

for

Kaberle

Last edited by Seguins Dragon*: 02-08-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote