View Single Post
Old
02-08-2011, 11:39 AM
veedubn1

vCash: 500
Wheeler plays soft. If he was a physical winger with upside it'd be a different story. But from what I've seen, he's been outplayed by a 43 year old (granted, Recchi is a likely HOFer) and he doesn't use his body effectively in the corners or in front of the net.

Wheeler hasn't been able to take a step forward the past two years... why exactly would Toronto bolster Boston's odds at a cup this year for a player who is destined to remain in a bottom 6 role.

Boston fans claiming he will one day be a top 6 player (on a good team) is equally as ridiculous as Toronto fans claiming Bozak belongs on the top 2 lines of an NHL team.

Boston has two options when it comes to Kaberle.

Either trade for him now and sacrifice their own 1st rounder (Leaf fans asking for their own 1st round back is ridiculous) and a prospect and make the most out of one of Chara's and Thomas' last few productive seasons (time waits for no man).. Kaberle won't go anywhere without an extension so I think that's a safe trade for Boston.

OR go into the playoffs with what they have, which currently isn't good enough to get them past the 2nd round.

Getting a lesser PMD somewhere else will still cost you a pick/prospect but there is no other defenseman currently on the market who can give the B's the boost on the blueline they desire.

Boston can pay Kaberle slightly less than what Gonchar got last summer when he becomes a free agent if they feel like it (Toronto won't). I'm perfectly fine with Kaberle riding out the season in Toronto and moving on after the season if we can't get something meaningful in return.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote