View Single Post
Old
02-08-2011, 12:06 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
I don't get the talk about Kaberle NTC..he already stated he's open to talking about being traded...http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/...ceman_kaberle/

It's well known he would only waive it for an Eastern Conference team...would have to imagine
Boston, Washington, Philly, NYR, Montreal would probably be on the short list of teams

With regards to a Boston trade...if you look at it this way I think they would be open to offering their own 1st round pick and a mid range player or prospect...They might see it as "We get Kaberle for our run...and Leafs lose him and we give them nothing that helps them this year...which improves our pick from them...like taking a gamble and getting KAberle and perhaps moving up from 5-7 draft position to 2-4...(may be even more tempting when it is a pretty weak draft and the top four players..Larsson Coutourier Nugent-Hopkins Landeskog are pretty equal and there is a drop off after that)
That's the way I see it. It will be a short list and Chia's job is to get help while giving up the least amount possible.
Washington: Kaberle isn't what they need
Philly: not sure they have the cap space and he wouldn't fit well with the D they have
Rangers: they seem to want a trigger man like McCabe
Montreal: maybe but they already have the Wiz and PK

I really don't see any of those teams starting a bidding war but Kaberle's agent already said there won't be a list, so a trade looks extremely unlikely.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote