View Single Post
Old
07-14-2005, 02:41 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Nylander, to me, is a continuation of the old way we were doing things

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219
well if this is the case the rangers should actually hold on to guys like kaspar and puriton based on their sheer brute force, the devils really dont have to many tough stronger guys, but like a previous poster said, they are so balanced. instead of getting a group of individuals the rangers need to start picking up guys that will build chemistry, ie nylander was signed to help jagr. if they build around jagr, they could still make a balanced team with a very dangerous offensive threat.
Chemistry is built by sharing a common experience. Playing together as a team, in Jrs, the minor leagues, does that. Bring in parts from all over the place doesn't work. Like the old chicken commercial, parts are parts.

Having said that though, almost everyone is going to be in the same boat. Those organizations that have some prospects that they have been developing I think have an advantage over those that have a thin prospect pool. I do think, and this should not come as a surprise, that everything hinges on where we pick in the draft. If we get crosby then I think it changes the way things are going to be done.