View Single Post
Old
07-14-2005, 02:51 PM
think-blue-

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie

what burke says makes perfect sense. you don't see that?
Quote:

ah, "indentified". another one of those trendy hockey words. didn't take a genius to "identify" the leafs problems in those areas.

lets hope jfj now focusses entirely on the pro scouting. let the amateur crowd do their thing, but their jobs just became far less important.
Nope. My contention is that amateur scouting is not going to be "pointless" (your words - something you no doubt exaggerated in your once again pathetic attempt to bash ferguson)...anytime you can get an asset out of a draft pick, you're better off. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, nor does it take a genius to figure out. With extra money floating around, the Leafs can afford to put money into both amateur and pro scouting and development (as they have done and will no doubt continue to do), obtain assets and use them to remain competitive. What John Ferguson said makes sense - its all about assets. (And a little lesson for the uninformed, you get assets by drafting well ) Anyone without an agenda to pursue can see that.

Like I said, citing Brian Burke of all GM's on anything regarding amateur scouting is a joke...look at his past. He gave away draft picks left, right and center...he didn't care then, he doesn't now. Why take him seriously in that regard? He left the Canucks prospect pool in shambles, and somehow we're to believe that's not going to mean anything in the new nhl Amateur scouting pointless? Lou Lamoriello is laughing his ass off. Was Burke right on the pro-scouting part? Yep, most likely. But show me where JFJ said he doesn't care about pro scouting....

Ferguson's "master plan" seems to be to improve scouting on both fronts, pro and amateur, so no, it didn't nor will it take a big hit...one has to wonder where someone is coming from if they question JFJ on actually putting resources into amateur drafting and development.