View Single Post
Old
07-14-2005, 07:35 PM
bcrt2000

vCash: 500
I have a feeling that buying stars, while it will be limited now because of the cap, it will work better as UFA age will be lower in years to come... when rangers started to be really guilty of overpaying players, it was when Neil Smith started signing up washup role players/marginal goal scorers for superstar type money... now at least they will be able to buy some players which will still have some mileage

that being said... they will probably buy out kaspar and holik, and use a lot of their younger players, and then sign maybe 1 or 2 big free agents at a discount price... i don't think goaltending will be a problem for the rangers in the years to come because labarbera, montoya & lundqvist all have the potential to be starting goalies in the NHL.. I think Weekes will be given a chance in the pre-season, but if any of those 3 other guys show that they are just as good or better, chances are they will go for them..

and i have a feeling if they can get someone who has good chemistry with jagr, and a stud defenseman, maybe the rangers can make the playoffs finally