View Single Post
Old
02-08-2011, 10:48 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I'm not sure why the Habs would be after Kaberle when the d-corps is fully of puckmoving d-men. What we need is a strong stay at home d-man like Chris Philips.

Kaberle would be a luxury but he's not a necessity.
It would be a move for the future. Kaberle said he wanted a deal ready from the team he waives for. (I heard this on HF so may want to fact check that)

Either way I'm positive Habs aren't re-signing Markov.

I know a lot of habs fans will be angry and are downright expecting it, but habs have been moving in a new direction for a while now and Markov is a risk. I don't see Gauthier as a risk taker really. Markov is often injured. I think he'll take the downgrade in Kaberle and move on. A lesser player who plays 80 games is a better player for us.

Kaberle is no slouch. Why would the habs waste assets on Phillips with Markov and Gorges injured anyways. If they make a move it's not just for a run it's for the future.

Habs need offensive from the back end to get their forwards putting the puck in the net more.

They don't need another shutdown D like Phillips who might not even be great he's a risk given the season he's having. We already have on guy named Spacek and a more comparible Hammer (in a Phillips good season)

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote