Old
02-09-2011, 12:21 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What redundancy?

Gilroy and Del Zotto are both supposed offensive defensemen who do not consistently provide offense and both probably should be playing in the AHL.

Sauer and McDonagh are simple, no frills defensemen men.

Staal and Girardi are excellent defensive defensemen who do not consistently provide offense.

I understand the need for a veteran defenseman, I've been calling for one since the Rozsival trade happened (not that I was a big proponent of trading Rozsival in the first place). But I don't see Tyutin as being the vet defenseman who adds a new dimension to the blueline in that he's not an offensive stud and not a bruising physical player.
hate to break it to you, but I highly doubt we are solving what you call a redundancy problem via trade. you're gonna have to wait till the summer and hope something good turns up. Tyutin represents an upgrade over our bottom two. Sather has said many times before that he is always looking out for ways to improve our team, even if it's an incremental improvement. if a good deal presents itself, he's gonna make it.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote