Thread: Proposal: Tor - Edm
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2011, 01:42 AM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
So he has less value to the weakest forward corps in the NHL than a 24yo healthy scratched Dman to one of the most expensive blue lines in the league?
Who has more "value" is irrelevant. Trades are about making each team better.

The only reason Gunnarsson was a healthy scratch tonight is because Toronto is trying to make some use of Brett Lebda who they made the mistake of signing. He's a valuable defenceman to us because he is the only cheap guy on one of the most expensive bluelines in the league, and when we have to clear a big salary in the offseason (see Komisarek), will anchor our 3rd pair likely alongside Keith Aulie or Jesse Blacker.

Cogliano does very little to help this team, and the roster spot which would occupy for Toronto would be much better allocated to a veteran centre who at the very worst can win faceoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ementy View Post
I'll never understand toronto fans. First Jfried seriously saying kaberle can fetch crosby. (glad that has ended) and now this sort of thing....
I'd love to hear your explanation for where you think I said that? If you have the ability to remember that, you'd know that it was in the context of his NTC. If a player refuses to waive his NTC, it doesn't matter what is offered for him.

To understand Toronto fans, you'll have to understand that we have absolutely no desire to add 3rd line forwards.

Last edited by seanlinden: 02-09-2011 at 01:48 AM.
seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote