View Single Post
Old
02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Dorado*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I have no doubt that Sauer will become a better player than Girardi. He's already a better decision maker. I think McDonagh will as well.

I just don't think Girardi is as good as people here make him out to be. It's not to say that he's bad, but he's a second pairing defenseman. He plays on a team with a fantastic goaltender and some of the best defensive forwards in the league with a team that plays a staunch defensive game.

Bogosian is the kind of talent we are missing on the blueline.

girardi is a nice player but i agree 100% . He has a reasonable contract next few years . How many shut down D men do we need . There is a reason girardi was undrafted , his foot speed . No questioning girardis , intensity , readiness to play , shot blocking and his marginal Offensive upside but he gets beat to many 50/50 pucks and cant make up for being beat with speed the way a sauer or McD can. Girardi is a favorite among Torts for his shot blocking . One of the reasons girardi always throws wristers at the net is not that they are easier to get through , but because they are easier to get through FOR HIm with his limited quickness and ability to laterally get into a lane and fire . No knock ON GIRARDI hes a good ranger but many a better player has been moved for the right pieces