View Single Post
Old
02-09-2011, 08:27 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
OK so then how did the Pens get so good? What could the Rangers have done differently? Purposely not drafted Dubs, Cally, Staal, Hank, Step, AA, Sauer.? So they could tank and hope they get Stamkos and/.or tavares? Come on this makes no sense. You're advocating a tank. Those are the teams that tanked. it's a comparison you inadvertantly bring up.

There's nothing inadvertent about it. Obviously I'm advocating a tank, or at least I did, when it was still a viable option for this team.

Quote:
Incorrect. They refuse to do what YOU feel is the best possible team but how is giving the fans the worst team in the league (to get 1 overall) = to giving the best? it's not a guarantee but it has worked so while your point is valid and makes sense it also is not the be all end all. it possibly lands you a future all star that's all to present it any other way is disingenuous at best.
No team that has won a Stanley Cup since the lockout has done so without undergoing a tremendous rebuild first. Zero. Not one. Until that changes, my opinion (which is based on nothing more than common sense and logic, the likes of which I just presented) would seem to be the valid one.

Quote:
So you're saying there will never be a Parise again? late round 1sts, 2nds, 3rds. Come on there will always be guys who go well over their projections. maybe not a 7th steal like you're saying but you're completely leaving out steals in earlier rounds or late 1sts and that's important to note. We have to be the ones to catch lightning in a bottle which is what every team tries to do and generally 31 teams every year fail if you wanna be so black and white about it.
No, I'm not saying that at all. You are saying that because you have an agenda to attack me but you can't actually argue things that I say without contorting them to such a degree that they completely lack resemblance to my original point. I said nothing about late first, second or third round picks. Your point is completely irrelevant.

Quote:
Dunno how you rationally dismiss it here. The truth is the draft has to build your team. You're completely discounting drafting well outside the top of the draft but it can work.
I've done nothing of the sort. You are a liar. I never said anything about drafting well outside of the top of the draft.

Quote:
This is speculation at best but it's your opinion and you're entitled to it but it's just not an absolute truth.
It's not an opinion at all. It's fact. The Rangers have not been more than a mediocre team since the 1990s. The standings support that statement. Also, what I said was simply quoting, almost word for word, what someone who is currently a member of an NHL team's front office, one with strong ties to the Ranger organization, said to me less than a year ago.

Quote:
A FA can compliment a well built team just as a top pick can. Yet you talk in circles here like it isn't then say it is...
Once again, you are a blatant liar. I never said anything of the sort. Please address things that I actually say rather than accusing me of saying things that I didn't. What I said was that leaving the entire possibility of contending for a Stanley Cup to the chance that ONE player may or may not reach free agency is a terrible way to manage a team because if the player does not reach free agency or sign with your team, you are, in effect, screwed.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote