View Single Post
Old
02-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
You know if Bogosian and Seabrook were moved it actually would probably make some sense for Hawks and Thrashers too hook up again in trade

Bogosian + Thrashers 1st in 2011 for Seabrook

Thrashers get a shutdown dman who is young but proven ,, Hawks get a young dman in need of change of scenery + another asset for reload

Dudley is said to be working phones desperately and the Thrashers are in free fall

For Hawks it would be bitter pill to sell fans but they could always say they couldn't afford Seabrook longterm and got young assets for reload + free cap room for free agency

We have seen Hawks loading up on young defensive prospects in recent years so maybe they have been planning for possibility that Seabrook would want too much $$$ and we couldn't afford him longterm

Nick Leddy (1st round 2009 draft) (Trade with Wild) is currenly on NHL roster

Dylan Olsen (1st round 2009 draft)
Ivan Vishnevskiy (1st round 2006 draft) (Trade with Thrashers)
Shawn Lalonde (3rd round 2008 draft)

All 3 are in Rockford

Stephen Johns and Justin Holl were both picked in 2nd round of 2010 draft ,, Adding another young dman such as Bogosian to go with Keith , Campbell and Hjalmarsson and 1 or 2 of those dman would make some sense

Not saying I support trading Seabs or want Bogosian but I think this makes some sense in my head
You do know that Seabrook is a 1 year away from UFA, right ? He can sign one deal, then bolt. Bogosian + 1st for 1 year of Seabrook is a rip off. HUGE overpayment.

Hell, Montréal will sign Markov to a 1 year deal, then trade him to Atlanta for Bogosian and a 1st.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote