View Single Post
Old
02-09-2011, 02:14 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Then they refuse to do what is necessary to not only provide the fanbase with a superior product on the ice, but to provide them with the best possible team.

The Red Wings didn't get lucky with Zetterberg. Most teams just never devoted enough scouting to Russia and Sweden. Zetterberg, Lundqvist, Datsyuk...IMO, it is HIGHLY unlikwly that we'll see players that good get drafted that late ever again. Everyone is scouting those nations now, because now everyone realizes the value of it.

You think every player in the system is a star in the making. I don't. They are building a team. A team full of second and third liners that isn't good enough to compete for a Stanley Cup. A team that is inferior to numerous teams around the league that are just as young but far more talented.

It's not the only way. They just won't make a sacrifice, even though they inadvertently have sacrificed season after season to mediocrity.

Tavares has been there for two seasons, Hall as been there for less than one. The Rangers have every single advantage in the world. The Islanders and Oilers have pretty much none. In one way or another, both of those franchises have the deck stacked completely against them. It's a terrible comparison.

And having a perennial top 5 pick isn't enough. It takes competent management, as well. The Oilers were terribly operated over the last few years. Numerous awful personnel decisions. The Islanders, you know the story.

False insinuation. I peg a FEW prospects to be very good hockey players. I have NEVER, NOT ONCE stated any of them are going to be superstars.

The Rangers roster is full of very good young players. They don't meet your high standards, whatever.

The fact is BECAUSE of those very good young players, the Rangers are in a position to take the next step by acquiring the right piece to make them a contender.

Richards would be that piece. If they don't get him, they stick to the plan.

That's not good enough for you, then I don't know what to say.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote