View Single Post
Old
02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Yeah, also the Earth is flat.

Come on man. Where the hell do you get this crap from?

The only concern when Rozy was traded was that perhaps our extremely young D wasn't ready to step up and eat Rozy's 20 minutes a game. I haven't seen one negative word about McD all season, including earlier in the year before he was called up.

And yes, many "love" him now because he's been playing extremely solid defense right off the bat to start his career. I don't think anyone could've expected it would be such a seamless transition to the NHL for him. He's a fantastic skater, and he's very smart with and without the puck. He actually covers the man in the slot, which is very un-Ranger like. I'm not head over heels for him yet though, like a lot of fairweather fans. He's been great. Exceeded expectations so far, defensively. I'm still not convinced he'll have a better career than Sauer, and he's not "untouchable" like some seem to have already labelled him 20 games into his career - For the right deal, anyone except Staal, Stepan, Zuccarello, Dubinsky, Callahan, and Lundqvist are "TOUCHABLE."
No offense big guy but Zucc is more "touchable" than either McD or Sauer at this point. We are building from the backline out and those guys are here to stay or at least they should be. Within a couple of years they will both be chipping in regularly offensively as well. McD has a big shot which he has chosen not to use at the risk of getting it blocked and getting caught. But it will be part of his arsenal soon enough.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote