Thread: Speculation: Trade deadline Today Feb 28th
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2011, 07:06 PM
I Am Beat You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
I was the one that said this year his production was on par and Bieksa was playing poorly, yes, well before Edler went down. I mean I guess we could use blanket statements to try to prove points, but whats the fun in that?

Montador is already struggling, he will be FAR FAR worse in our system that relies on mobility and a decent first pass.
Mobility, like Ohlund, Kubina, Smaby, Jones etc...

Montador didn't really have a bad first half of the season (so far) and he played well last year. In terms of being far worse in our system, I think it's the adjustments Montador would have to make to fit into the system rather than his ability to actually play well here, and the system itself. Getting used to a new system anywhere takes time and possibly presents some initial issues, but if Boucher can ice a regular D corps with the likes of Ohlund, Kubina and Jones, I don't think Montador would be a huge problem. Again, I can easily live without a deal for him being made, but I think he'd provide some depth and is a better player than Jones. Come playoff time, a gritty, veteran depth D-man isn't bad to have at a low price.

As for the Bieksa thing, I actually remember you saying how their stats were similar, but I specifically remember someone saying they prefer Jones over Bieksa. I don't think it was you though.