Thread: Speculation: Trade deadline Today Feb 28th
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2011, 07:56 PM
nhljohnson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
I was the one that said this year his production was on par and Bieksa was playing poorly, yes, well before Edler went down. I mean I guess we could use blanket statements to try to prove points, but whats the fun in that?

Montador is already struggling, he will be FAR FAR worse in our system that relies on mobility and a decent first pass.
I think the point that is being missed is that Montador is a more realistic acquisition than Seabrook when you take into account the parameters (not moving any early round picks) that Yzerman has claimed he is going to follow when considering making any move.

Other options are certainly out there, but you have to consider whether those alternatives will cost in terms of assets and whether they will come with an expiring and inexpensive contract, because those seem to be of significant interest to Yzerman. Perhaps Yzerman makes a departure from his brief-yet-established M.O. and cashes in a few of the significant chips from the prospect cupboard and stock of draft picks, but, really, I wouldn't count on it. Thus, it's without the expectation for the Lightning to make a bold move that Montador starts make a heck of a lot of sense.

I mean, at the very (unlikely) worst he replaces Smaby as the 7th defenseman.