View Single Post
Old
02-09-2011, 08:10 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Beauch is getting way to much credit....when he comes in he more or less replaces Sutton or Lilja...that said people are overrating Gardiner, he is hardly a top prospect (maybe for the Ducks but not league wide), there is a reason he spent a 3rd year in college(most good college prospects spend no more than 2) this year rather then coming out when the Ducks D looked horrible.
A lot of Gardiner staying in college that long is because he played forward until his senior year of high school. He's not a top prospect but he's a very good one. It's more just Anaheim trading from a position of strength for help now. I think they overpaid for a familiar commodity in Beauch but with Fowler and Sbisa already on the team, along with other guys in the system like Schultz, Vatanen, etc. they could afford to trade a guy similar to the two young d-men already on their big club and probably there for the long term. I don't think they came close to maximizing their value but I at least understand it.