View Single Post
Old
02-09-2011, 08:31 PM
B-rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecktor View Post
Hah! If you look back not even very long ago people were looking to dump him for a sack of pucks (cap space.) People do turn on him and don't appreciate Salo. We only love our players when they are out. Why is Salo not expected to injure himself again immediately after coming back? Is he suddenly not injury prone? *If* that's our fans' only reason for bashing him lol. Again, absence makes the heart grow fonder just like for Willie Mitchell during his concussion he was suddenly our best defenseman but now no one would even think about taking him back on our core after he chose to sign with the LA kings (for that price sure, but if he was our best defenseman why wouldn't you?)

No one called him (Salo) a first pairing defenseman/our best defenseman until right about when he was injured in the summer... I will dig up threads from before then if you all have such short term memories.

I'm glad he's back but there's no telling he doesn't drop again and I'm okay with that.
Not sure where you've been but a lot of people have been calling Salo a top d-man on the Canucks for years. I've always maintained he's one of the most underrated 2 way d-men in the league, and definitely one of the Canucks best d-men. He rarely makes mistakes. Unfortunately, he's made of balsa wood.

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote