View Single Post
Old
10-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Big Deaner

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg dunlop
I am a flames fan, but i hate to say it, look at edmonton.. they have so much more speed and just look like a lot better team. their 3rd and 4th line guys can contribute. cant say the same for the flames
Did you watch the Flames game last night? Betts, Donovan and Clark were some of the few players that created chances? Betts and Donovan were both stoned by Cloutier early on in the game, Clark scored. Lowry (another third/fourth line guy) although not being credited with an assist made a great backhand pass to Regehr to help set up Clark's goal. Lombardi was another guy who had a good game IMO. I just think the Flames came out a little flat last night and when they did get chances Cloutier was there to make the saves which seemed to really frustrate the Flames offense. The Flames defense, which is their strength position, played terrible last night especially on the PK. On both of Vanocouver's PP goals they got caught running around and out of position. Yes, it was a dissapointing effort overall but we were playing the Canucks and it was their home opener. I expect a much better effort on Saturday.