View Single Post
Old
07-15-2005, 12:00 PM
MojoJojo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneScores12
If physicality is what we're looking for, we already have it in Markov. The man hits like a MAC truck. So, we're fine from that standpoint. As well, the man is as tough as nails, so we're good from that end as well.

I want someone who is very good defensively though. I could kind of care less about the offense, because we'll get that from Johnsson, Pitkanen and Seidenberg. Someone mentioned Zhitnik and that actually was very appealing. He's very good defensively and we could let the kids roam with him patrolling the back end. He'd be very good to partner up with someone like Seidenberg. He also wouldn't break the bank either.
Markov is a great defensive D-man, one of the best in fact, right up there with Norstrom and Foote in my opinion. If we play Markov with Pitkanen, that leaves the bottom two pairings with Desjardins, Johnsson, and Seidenberg. One defensive D-man is not enough. We have to have at least two, if for the very least so we can have two penalty killing units with a guy that can protect the front of the net.

Zhitnik I could totally live with, especially if we were able to pull something off like Zhitnik and Guerin at 3 mil apiece.