Thread: Value of: Beauchemin
View Single Post
Old
02-10-2011, 12:29 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Wow talk about a reach... are you guys going to bump this thread again if Lupul gets buried in the minors? I mean the guys missed more than half the season and is only on pace for 15 goals and 40 points, which wouldn't be too bad if he wasn't signed two more seasons with a $4.25M cap hit.

Personally when the season was young and this thread first created I thought Lupul could be a potential swap for Beauchemin, but that was because the season was young and there was the chance he could stay healthy and regain his old form. And he still might for Toronto which would make the deal a steal. But let's not fool ourselves, at this point he's a guy that would clear waivers, and I thought it was pretty obvious that Burke had to take him in the deal in order to get Anaheim to deal Gardiner. I mean I have nothing against the guy and I hope he succeeds (I have him on a stat-based sim league), but chances are Burke has to bury his contract in the minors a la Wade Redden for the two remaining years.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote