Thread: Confirmed with Link: Preds acquire Fisher
View Single Post
Old
02-10-2011, 12:54 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
The money, however, does bother me. $4.5, $4.2, $3.5. That's an awful lot of money down the middle. He's also signed for another 2 years after this one. What happens to Goc? Cal O?
An interesting problem to have if Lombardi comes back. Still think if he doesn't Poile sends Lombardi and some decent but not top-level propect to one of the "rich" teams that has an awful contract they need to unload - at least that way we get something out of the money and they stick Lombardi on LTIR.

So, if he comes back, it doesn't really make sense to sign both Goc and Orly unless you are gonna' move 1 to a wing. Goc and Leggy could both center defensively strong and offensively capable lines; don't know Fisher well enough, but it sounds like he's in that mold, as well. The possibilities are endless for Trotz style hockey.

My guess, if Lombardi is anywhere close to healthy whichever of Orly or Goc is cheaper stays and the other goes, with a lean toward favoring Goc.

If I could just "wish" an outcome for next year outta' all this would be to sign Goc and Orly, then let Lombardi center Leggy and Wilson, leave the Goc line as is (assuming we sign SK) and let Fisher center Horny and Dumont, giving Orly Toots/Smitty/Halischuck.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote