View Single Post
Old
07-15-2005, 03:29 PM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Let Cammalleri and Brown have bigger roles offensively. They have nothing to prove at the AHL level. Time to see what they, especially Cammalleri, can do.

The Kings do need a #1 center. There isn't much on that FA agent list though. Lindros and Allison are just tooooo fragile. We all know Stumpel isn't a #1. There could be more if guys like Weight, Fedorov, Sakic, or Yashin are bought out. Modano is there. Zhamnov could be a possibility. Demitra could play center if all else fails. If Conroy is going to be the #2, then I think the Kings need more of a goal scorer as the #1. A Fedorov or Sakic instead of Weight for example.

If a Pronger were available, obviously that would be a decent pick up. I'm not going to hope it happens though. It's like hoping the Kings win the lottery and draft Crosby. It's wasted energy, and very unlikely.

But there are a few defensemen out there that could help. I'm guessing the Kings have 5 of the 7 already with Norstrom, Miller, Visnovsky, Dempsey, and Gleason. Either make one big splash and sign a cheap 7th defenseman, or sign two guys that could easily play.

And another goaltender is needed as well. Garon will be a King. Hauser, Brust, Fukufuji, or Munce could be in Manchester. Someone with some experience would do fine.

Fill in as many open spots as possible with some young talent. I'm not saying just give any prospect a place on the team. But, for example, this is Cammalleri's 4th year, and it's time to see what he can do with quality playing time, mistakes and all. He had a great year with Manchester, so it's not as if he didn't earn the shot. Then try and sign a #1 center(the FA center list today isn't great, so if they don't sign one off that list, it's not the end of the world), maybe a defenseman or two, and an experienced goalie in case Garon isn't up to it.