View Single Post
Old
02-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumFries View Post
Although, I saw highlights of the wildest game thus far this season, I realized many things, Americans chanting the American anthem or USA when Chara hit Pacces was lame. It goes to show you that how unaware some Americans are about hockey in general. Hello, Boston? Pacces is American!!

Also, in the States, it seems teams rely on playing this type of game to sell tickets which is really sad.

The Habs could of easily destroyed a few of these Bruins players starting by Price who could of easily given a good beaten to Tim Thomas and even Pouliot was nice to Krejci.

Also, the Habs defense is getting lousy. Gauthier needs to address that. Also, bringing in a few tough guys who can play hockey and score will help this team defend itself against teams like the Bruins and Flyers.

I hope the Habs bounce back from this, stronger than before. For the next meeting, I don't think Montreal will be that nice. I hope we don't see another type of Komisarek situation and I also think that "monkey" Lucic will probably get what's coming to him this time.

All in all, both clubs have a long rivalry which was extinguished slightly only to resurface for some time again this past decade. However, the rivalry hit another level last night, the former Habs in Boston have managed to recreate the rivalry of the past.
I think since the Wisniewski addition the defense has been much improved, Weber is playing very well the last 3-4 weeks, Subban has calmed down, Hamrlik has been solid. Let's not get too carried away over a game where both teams looked awful without the puck, including Price and Thomas.

I'd like to add a strong stay at home guy, but not at any price.