View Single Post
Old
07-15-2005, 03:51 PM
kalehr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I disagree. I don't think Potulny plans on being back at Minnesota next year anyway, although I could be wrong. I think he will most likely play for the Phantoms next year. There will be first line minutes for him there, with Carter, Richards, Sharp, and possibly Umberger all moving up to the Flyers. Also, he chose not to redshirt last season which leads me to believe that he isn't planing on using all of his college eligability anyway.
As a diehard Gopher fan, that's totally news to me, there has been absolutely no indication that he is even thinking of not returning next year. He chose not to redshirt more because he wanted to play with his brother than anything else. The thinking around here is that if Ryan does leave college early to go pro (which is a distinct possibility), it'll most likely be before his senior year (next year), not this year. He already is an integral part of the Gophers' lineup, and with a full year of college hockey under his belt and the talent the Gophers are bringing in next year, he has a good chance to put up some really good numbers this year, IMHO.

Last edited by kalehr: 07-15-2005 at 03:56 PM.