Thread: Trade Talk
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2005, 05:24 PM
donelikedinner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneScores12
Once again, the trade Handzus movement is only because Michal is probably one of two players on our roster currently who could bring us back a goldmine in a trade. That's the only reason why his name is mentioned so frequently. Do I want to see Handzus traded? No, not specifically.

However, with the emergence of Carter and Richards, who becomes the most expendable? Handzus does. You know Primeau is going nowhere and Handzus is too good to play on the fourth line. He becomes the piece that helps us acquire that mean streaked defensemen we've been lacking for years. That's the reality behind it.

I've already mentioned that the two players who could net us a goldmine are Handzus and Johnsson. I'd love to see the team four deep in terms of wingers as well. However, with the "new" NHL being what it is, it would be financial suicide to do something like that.

Anyways, nobody here is out to trade Handzus. Fact of the matter though is that he is one of our golden negotiating chips that we have.
are you really a Flyers fan or a leaf in diguise looking to subvert the team through trades? Handzus is a keeper, JR is a keeper, Johnsson is a keeper. They will NOT be traded any time soon as the Flyers could/would not expect to get the same quality back. These guys understand Hitch's system, and they will help the new kids that are developing into the new "core" of the future.