View Single Post
Old
02-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Okay, so if I'm understanding this correctly:

So I'm blacked out on Sportsnet Pacific like always when there is a Canucks game on I can switch to one of the Centre Ice channels and it will have that blacked out Canucks game playing?

Quote:
WHY ARE THERE BLACKOUTS?
Blackout restrictions exist to protect the local television telecasters of each NHL game in the local markets of the teams. Keep in mind that blackout policies and restrictions are different for every sports package that your system may carry. (NHL CENTRE ICE is designed for the NHL fan who wants to see NHL games from across the entire NHL).

If you are located in a team’s television territory, you will see all locally televised games on the local carrier*. You will not be able to see these games in NHL CENTRE ICE.

*Because CBC, TSN/TSN2, and RDS are the exclusive national TV partners for the NHL in Canada, the local telecasts of the Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Vancouver Canucks can only appear on each of the respective Sportsnet regional channels, which cannot be distributed nationally. These telecasts are strictly local. If you are not in the local market for a team, you will need NHL CENTRE ICE to see the game on SNET.

If you are located in a team’s television territory and their local regional sports network is not available on your current cable or satellite provider, you will not be able to see these games in NHL CENTRE ICE. This is a distribution issue between the regional sports network and the cable/satellite provider. The blackout remains intact as the local regional sports network has the rights to these games in your area.
The bolded above means what I think it means, right?

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote