View Single Post
Old
02-11-2011, 03:38 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I agree, as I have said many times, I having been pining for Jordan Staal for many years and believe he would be an outstanding fit as our #2 center. Unfortunately, the Penguins seem to be willing to go without much talent at all on the wings in order to keep the three centers they have.

I have also advocated going after Richards hard this summer if he is available.

Spezza is down further on my list, but I would bet he is on Dean's radar. Not sure Ottawa is going to move him though.
Honestly, I don't see the Kings getting Spezza, though I do think he would be a perfect fit for the Kings at number 2 Centre. Problem is, to make a deal for Spezza, because of his cap hit and what the Senators will want, will really alter the Kings future. It's a risky move, and Dean hasn't made any risky moves like that, if any. He tends to go the safe route. Which he calls "the right price".

I guess if we were all honest with ourselves, Spezza is the wrong price but right fit. It would be great if we could roll out Kopitar/Spezza/Schenn/Lewis every night but that's a pipe dream.

Dean could probably make a safe deal with the Blue Jackets for Antoine Vermette. A second line centre that doesn't cost much, and the Kings could have a good trio of Kopitar/Vermette/Stoll. Which, would go a long ways to improving faceoffs, puck control, and somewhat improve scoring.

I'd also like to see the Kings go after Moulson as well.