View Single Post
Old
10-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Impossibles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNucksFan
I dont think Sens would risk losing anyone for Keane, after all, Keane is a good depth guy, but Thomas is a better fit for Sens if they want the cup, and Thomas has always said that he wants a chance to win the cup!! Weird how he has been known for a playoff performer, and yet, never win a championship..

speaking of Havlat, I beginning to feel sick on what Sens is doing ( although also admires that), they offer Havlat way below his market value.. heck, i think they offer him 1.3M/year for like 3 years!?

for a 3rd highest scoring player on the best team in the league, good defensively, worth only $1.3? I'd say he is a good player worth at least $1.5-2.0M. Muckler is using Hossa as comparison on how he making only 2-3M.. but Hossa is a steal, and he signed the contract a couple years ago.. you cant compare that... Yashin was deserving, Havlat, its disappointing. I'd love to see him play for Sens, He certainly would add a lot more to their lineup than Thomas...
He is only in his 4th year. Ottawa has offered a $1.35M 1 year deal, and havlat countered with a $1.9M 1 year deal. Havlat has no ground to stand on. He doesn't have arbitration rights, Muckler said he won't trade him...it's either sign or sit. And with ottawa's depth, they can do that and not miss a beat.