View Single Post
Old
02-11-2011, 02:28 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings aren't going to add a Spezza or a Gaborik. I just can't see the Kings giving up the assets required to acquire those players, nor do I see their respective team's trying to get rid of them simply for a package of prospects.

The Kings aren't going to trade Kopitar or Brown either. Sure, they look absolutely useless out there of late, but they're still valuable players on this team and on any team for that matter. If you trade Kopitar, you have to get a better center back, and the Ducks aren't going to trade us Getzlaf, nor are the Hurricanes going to trade Eric Staal. There are only a handful of centers that are better than Kopitar, and none of them are available.

As for Brown, he definitely is the most frustrating player to watch at times, but again, who is out there that is going to make this team better? I think he's put in the wrong role. He shouldn't be a captain. He also isn't a sniper and needs to be used in a simpler role because he sure as hell can't process any offensive plays.

Handzus is one player this season who has completely been nonexistent. Take him out of the lineup and you wouldn't notice a change. I think he's done. He could barely skate out there and just can't keep up anymore. The Kings need more speed, they need players who constantly have their feet moving, and there are very few players who do that as is.
Kopitar does need to get it going though, I mean this disappearing act of his is getting quite old. He needs to pick it up.

As for Brown, he is very very much replaceable. That's not going to be a problem, finding a quality scoring right winger to put in the top six.

Agree, Handzus sucks, been saying that for a while. Would love to see the Kings add a second line center and move Stoll to Handzus spot.