Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Hodgson sent down to Moose
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2011, 03:24 PM
droller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
Why not? Five games is a short look, but to me, it looked like he's ready to contribute more than Torres, Glass, Bolduc, Volpatti, etc.

Heck, his 2 points is likely more than the rest of the entire bottom six combined in the past 5 games.

If anything, I thought it might be time to try him in a more expanded role. I'm quite curious to see the reasoning behing the move.
Name ONE player of our draft picks that hasn't spent a FULL season in Manitoba. The only guys are Henrik and Daniel. They spent an extra year in Sweden after being drafted playing tier one pro hockey.

Hodgson's season was basically a write off last year. So you are suggesting we take one of our potential top 6 forwards and put him in a checking role where he gets less than 10 minutes a game? OR, he could be the top player on the Moose, getting ample PP time and actually develop into the player we drafted.

Hodgson didn't look ready to play in our top 9, and he would be developing his game on our 4th line either. Also keep in mind that his ELC is a high cap hit compared to other serviceable players that are WAY more experienced in that role.

It's not only a business move, but a developmental move as well. Tons of guys have spent a good amount of time with the Moose, and have developed into great NHL players, no reason to deviate from that plan now...

droller* is offline   Reply With Quote