View Single Post
Old
07-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
Jester, I would agree with you, but Seidenberg is one guy I could see go. I have heard rumors of him not being Hitch's favorite (although I have no idea if this is true), he is young, he in fantastic shape, and he could be a second pairing/power play guy for some of the teams weaker on D.
every quote i've EVER seen of Hitch talking about Seids is positive... he was just really young when he got here, from Europe (not used to smaller rink, more physical play), and undersized... that's not a good combination for playing right away on a very competitive team.

he's an excellent skater with a VERY good slapshot on the point and has learned to play positional defense along the boards much better to control his man. so he won't get shoved around nearly as much... he also proved a LOT to this organization by working hard to get back from that broken leg in time to even dress in the playoffs...

for a team with a weaker D? he's going to be on our second pairing here... the guy has a cannon from the point, pair him with a QB dman on the PP and let him just send bombs towards the net looking for deflection/rebound/straight goal. obviously we don't know what our final D situation is going to be, if we get Nieds (doubtful) put him and Pitkanen on the first unit and then throw KJ and Seids out on the second... i could also see KJ/Pits and Rico/Seids being our PP units... obviously Malakhov will be back there if they actually re-sign him.

needless to say, expect Seids back there this year... we don't have the depth be to trading away Dmen from our current top-6.