View Single Post
Old
02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
I actually think the problem is that he's soooo out of touch with what the league has become. He's one of the good old boys from a time long forgotten. He doesn't care as much about winning as he does about being a cigar smoking nhl bigwig that get to buy and sell peoples lives.
If winning was his 1st priority I'd be shocked by numerous moves this team has made. He has an absent owner that let hm play hockey god. He gets to collect his fat paycheck, smoke his stoagies and bark at people on the phone, he thinks he's a mafia boss, he has no idea what an honest days work is anymore...
I think you underestimate how much The Wizard wants to win. He was considered a hockey god in the 1980s when he was riding on the fact that he "found" Gretzsky, Messier, et al and delivered 4 Stanley Cups. He cemented that reputation when his team managed to win another Stanley Cup after TGO left. He desparately wants to win one more cup before he retires. All the wheeling and dealing he's done is in the vain attempt to somehow get back to the promised land. The Dolans may only care about filling MSG 44 times a year and then feasting on the playoff revenue, but the Jackass they hired very much wants to win. He tried to buy championship before the lockout and pretty much tried to do it after Jagr's team suprised everyone by playing so well after the lockout, but signed the wrong players. Now, he's handcuffed and trying to do what he should have started to do nearly 11 years ago. But, the game has passed him by. I suspect most people in hockey know that, but the person signing his checks doesn't and is willing to let him keep trying for as long as he wants to.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote