View Single Post
Old
02-11-2011, 10:23 PM
FOXHOUND*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
We overachieved earlier in the year and now everyone is freaking out because we've hit a skid. How long is Torts' leash? It better be pretty freakin' long. He's done a great job creating a team identity and getting his players to buy into a system. He's getting a ton out of young players stepping into big roles. Like others have said WHAT DID (anyone) EXPECT THIS YEAR? We have proven that we have tremendous potential going forward. I still think we'll end up in the playoffs, but in the off-season anyone who thought this team had better than a ~60% chance of making the playoffs was crazy. The only thing on this team that I am 100% unhappy with is Gaborik. Otherwise we're a young team with a strong identity and a good foundation, currently experiencing some growing pains. I'm fine with that. I'm not fine with 7M players showing no heart and being invisible.
I think that, at least for myself, that the frustration is more caused by the fact that if this was the case, if this was how they were gonna be playing during the most important time of the year, then I would have rather them NOT overachieved and been in a better position to draft some high end talent for the future, a place where the rangers currently are not. The frustration is they are gonna be out of the playoffs with no reward for being bad.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote