View Single Post
Old
02-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Orenji

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
How would our moving Poniboy be a mistake that could cost us anything? Has he been a key piece to the team's ability to win? He is a fringe player who is gone at the end of the season, if we deal him we get something in return for him as opposed to letting him walk for nothing. Same can be said for the rapidly slowing and less productive Zues. Lose them both for naught or move them allowing for players like Loktionov etc to step in and begin their reign as Kings. Make room for Parse to come in prove himself.

Selling from where we are may not only be a smart thing to do but not selling some of our vets might also be a very dumb thing to do.

I don't know, maybe I see things differently.
Moving some of our assets away is fine, but we still need to be buyers as well. We are log jammed with mediocre left wing talent; Parse, Poni, Sturm, Richardson, etc. If we want to go after a top winger, one of those could easily go the other way for a pick.

I'm fine with trading some of the depth talent we have for picks if the salary we clear up goes towards buying a player who can help us right now in the Top 6.

I'm saying I will be mad, and most will probably be mad, if all we do at the deadline is send away Poni and something else away for a high draft pick. That's what teams like the Senators and Oilers are doing; we shouldn't be having a deadline like a rebuilding team.

If we can balance selling some of our depth away and buying a piece or two to help us now, I'll be fine.

I just find it weird that people like Barry were talking about us being buyers weeks ago when we had gone 2-9 in our past eleven and now say we might be sellers after a stretch where we went 5-0-2 and gained 12 out of a possible 14 points.

But moving Mitchell and Williams should be out of the question. How the **** could you justify that? That is a spit in the face of all the fans. You don't just give up on a team just because they're not in the playoffs right now.

If you look at the standings, we're just a few wins away from being a point or two out of the Pacific lead.