Thread: Steve Eminger
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2011, 08:29 AM
TrueBlueJoe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The Steve Eminger situation is just strange. He was a whipping boy at the beginning of the season, like any non-homegrown defenseman seems to be these days. But a funny thing happened on the way to running Eminger out of town, he started playing pretty well. I just dont understand why hes been cast aside in favor of Matt Gilroy, whose still trying to find his footing in the NHL at age 26, and Michael Del Zotto, who has promise but it literally embarassing himself out there lately.

As for your trade proposals, no to 1 and 3. Players like Bouchard and Hemsky are pretty redundant, and I dont think they'd help much considering what you'd have to give up in the first place.

Bringing in a guy like Brewer or McCabe for a pick makes sense. A defense of:

Staal-Girardi
Sauer-McDonagh
Eminger-McCabe/Brewer

would be a hell of a lot better than the Gilroy/Del Zotto third pair we're treading out there every night nowadays.

Then again, this team still cant score goals, so whats the difference?

Through an 82 game season, talent is always going to rise to the top. It was nice to see a team working their ass off for the first half of the season, but when you lack top end talent like this team does - things even out.
A player like Bouchard could turn into a less expensive option as a pivot for Gaborik. The price for him would not be to high(I'm guessing) since he has money + time left on his contract.

On Hemsky, definitely would not be redundant, but I agree that we would for sure we would have to pay a nice price to acquire him.

TrueBlueJoe89 is offline   Reply With Quote