View Single Post
Old
02-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Skarjak

vCash: 500
I think Pouliot's struggles early on in the season when he was on a line with Gomez and Gionta can't really be attributed to him, as everyone playing with Gomez (save for Pacioretty) appears to be incapable of producing.

In a few games this year, when we've been down by a goal in the third, Pouliot has been put on Plekanec's line and as far as I'm concerned, did really well in those situations. Honestly, I think he would be ready for a bigger role with the team, but Plekanec already has our two best wingers playing with him, so the only option would be to put him with Gomez...

I think having an "unofficial" second line of Pouliot, Desharnais and *other winger* might be our best bet right now. You adjust their ice time in terms of how well the Gomez line is playing. Might want to put Cammalleri with those two if he can't produce with Gomez.

Pouliot can be quite a sniper, and as he showed when he first came to Montréal, can score a lot of goals around the crease if his center is good. While he's sniped many past goalies this season, he hasn't been as productive in front of the net, which might be because he hasn't had a center as good on his line as spring of 2010 Gomez. He could be a very good complimentary winger, if put on the right line.

I don't see why we wouldn't get him a new contract this summer.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote