Old
02-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
apples and oranges. different teams have different needs. comparing what leafs would trade kadri for versus what canucks would trade hodgson for won't prove anything. Canucks are trying to win now. Leafs are not. Trading kadri would be non-sensical for the leafs.

If you want to compares apples-to-apples, IF the Leafs were one of the top teams in the league AND had a good chance to win the stanley cup AND kadri wouldn't crack the top 6 for a long time, then i would easily flip kadri for the missing piece to ensure a championship.
That's the danger of it from a Canucks perspective. I don't think it's a secret we have been an extremely futile franchise with bad luck. Like the rain, the hockey gods started to piss on Vancouver from the start. There is a reason Gilbert Perreault wore #11 after all.

We are far too cautious. I don't think we'd want to close the window of winning in the long run for just a chance of bettering the odds of winning short-term. Our GM has openly stated he won't sell the farm for extra pieces at the deadline. Heck, I'm sure he doesn't even tolerate the trade deadline.

And I do agree with it is very much an apples-oranges situation. The Leafs can't afford to sell the farm, the Canucks can - but I don't think they will and I don't the fans would want to. Again I go back to the team's losing history, we won't take any chances from where we are now, which is why many media outlets have Vancouver as a very quiet team heading into the final tweaking of the roster on the 28th.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote