Thread: Tonight's Game
View Single Post
Old
10-10-2003, 01:57 PM
looooob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecca13
I like Calgary as with all Canadian teams except Toronto but honestly guys, your team isn't making the playoffs with a lineup that looks like this:

McAmmond Conroy Iginla
Gelinas Yelle Donovan
Lowry Betts Kobasew
Oliwa Lombardi Clark

Ference Lydman
Leopold Regehr
Gauthier Warrener

Defense isn't bad but past your 1st line, you have nothing. And I thought we were a one line team in Vancouver. Shean Donovan couldn't even cut it in Pittsburgh. Lowry on your third line? I suggest Sutter pick up Todd Harvey or some other waiver wire guys. Otherwise it'll be a long season for you guys and another year with no playoffs. That's got to change, we need Calgary and Edmonton in the playoffs.
well first off, I'm not going to disagree with you in the sense that our forwards still need some work.

but if you put Reinprecht in the lineup, and assume the Saprykin benching isn't permanent you see lines like this....

McAmmond Conroy Iginla
Gelinas Reinprecht Kobasew
Lowry Yelle Donovan
Saprykin Betts Clark

Is that great? no of course not, but I'm not sure Todd Harvey or other waiver guys make it better. Look at Harvey's stats last year, and his 1.3 M salary, and who does he replace? I agree Donovan has hands of stone, but that's not why he's on the team, and Lowry makes 250K!I don't see how adding Todd Harvey makes us even 2 points closer to the playoffs actually