Thread: Value of: Yandle to Boston
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2011, 03:56 PM
almostawake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 2nd Pick View Post
I considered this, however, there is a point where pissing off the fans is worth it to get Keith Yandle for such an insane price. Of course, Phoenix would never consider this, so this will be my last post on the topic.

But the GM's job is to make his team better. Getting Yandle for Lucic makes the B's a LOT better. No one can deny this, and while I am sure many would be pissed off, having Yandle on the backend for a playoff run would probably end that.
Fair enough, but my point is that in Boston, a place with the history of the Thornton trade. A city where the Celtics are favored to go to the finals, the Sox consistently make the playoffs, and the Pats are at the tail end of a dynasty. And honestly, the Celtics and the Sox both have a more prestigious history than the Bruins.

The only thing that would overcome the perceived insult of trading Lucic is a Stanley Cup. Simply improving the team would not be enough.

Hardcore fans would perfectly fine with trading Lucic for Yandle. However, it took a lot more than just the hardcore fans to make Lucic the 7th best selling jersey in the league.

For example, alienating the casual fans could very well mean that the Bruins would not be able to spend to the cap anymore.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote