View Single Post
Old
02-12-2011, 07:43 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugman View Post
A 34 year old player with 11 goals, -5 on the season, and playing for a team that may miss the playoffs, might relocate, and draws 6,000 fans a game in an indifferent hockey market? I know Doan has intangibles (precisely the reason we would want him), but if the Coyotes miss the playoffs, they might be thinking of retooling the lineup with promising young players. Doan might just decide that playing somewhere that hockey matters would be enough to waive the NTC. Worth a phone call, at least....
It seems very unlikely that the team will move, it appears all but certain Matthew Hulsizer is going to get the team and keep them there. He has repeatedly said that he wants to stay with the Coyotes, I don't see that changing. The outrage that would occur if he was traded in Phoenix would be insane. And, even in the hypothetical, if he was going to waive his NTC, I seriously can't see it being to Buffalo, who albeit is on a run, that is in 10th place in the Eastern Conference and isn't a serious contender this year. It would have to be to a surefire contender this year. His stats have nothing to do with if he is going to want to leave. And you say that Phoenix is a team that may miss the playoffs, but they're currently the 7 seed in the West, and 1 point out of 4th. I know that the West is bunched, but it's extremely unlikely that the Coyotes would be out of it by the deadline.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote