View Single Post
Old
07-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predzone
Nothing short of a dominant, young, two way forward who could contribute to the team immediately and for the next several years... since that is exactly what Toronto would be getting in Tootoo...

Actually, that is what would be required to make the deal even, however "even" deals don't really make sense, because why would we give up Tootoo for the exact same thing in return? He's a fan favorite, and he is comfortable here in Nashville, so honestly I couldn't see moving him unless we were getting something more valuable in return...

I'd probably offer Tootoo and a later round draft pick for Antropov and Doherty.... but I'm probably pretty biased because I am a huge Tootoo fan and would not trade him unless I had to.

I'm not a huge fan of Tootoo because I feel his positives have the potential to be outweighed by his negatives. There is no denying the positive effect he seemed to have on our team last year, and he does have potential to turn into a solid 3rd line contributor....We will see though - but for the record......he is far from a dominant two way forward....more like a "single-minded" pest at this point...