View Single Post
Old
10-10-2003, 02:28 PM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionHockey
Ummmm uhhhh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
explanation plz. It gives Devils help down the center that they need, good Rw prospect, and another great defensive prospect Hale, Martin, Semenov, and Kadeykin that looks like a promising future to me. Stevens,Rafalski, and Niedermayer are all getting older u will need someone to replace them. Yes I know White might be one ur were considering to replace them but the trade helps a current issue in center and still gives the Devils a strong team with a brighter future. If u wanted size down the center u can wait for Foster and Rupp to mature and Gomez can go back to playing the wing when one of the two are ready to take a larger role. Parise is great but is a few years off and Comrie is servicable now, Semenov has the potential to be every bit as good as White and is still very good right now, Salmelainen is a lot better than his prospect ranking or general coverage would indicate he has a real good upside and is a speed demon who made large strides in the off-season and is close to being NHL ready.

Edmonton view as I said before gives us a stronger top 4 and Parise should be an exceptional player for us in the future maybe not a superstar but the possiblity is there and considering how good he is I would not call it a huge risk he will make it in the NHL.Oiltalk were trading two forwards and getting one I don't really see how it floods us it weakens our right side but many of our LW can play right and Hemsky,Laraque, and Dvorak(lesser extent) are cemented on the RW for a while, would u prefer Rita or Mikhov to go instead of Sami? Also Devils pride themselves on d I don't think they are gonna wanna get rid of a whole lot of defensive prospects let alone White if anyone should be upset its the Devils because White is very close to completely untrade-able while nothing were giving up we could not live without.