Thread: Proposal: Versteeg for Cody Hodgson
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2011, 10:00 PM
tokenmetalhead*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
The problem is, we do not require Versteeg. He would be a luxury but is most certainly not worth Hodgson. We could offer our first and another prospect and land a player of similar caliber or possibly Versteeg himself. Thus, Vancouver will not move a potentially dynamic prospect who still has a lot to prove for an over glorified third liner.

I absolutely agree with your post here. I definitely agree that Vancouver does NOT need Versteeg. My point is people over-rate Hodgson, I think there are many people who still think he's gonna be a 35+ goal, 70+ point 1st line centre.

I don't even know what Vancouver really "needs" anyways, this year they are one of the best teams in the NHL and are very strong at pretty much every position possible. Maybe they could use a slightly better goalie to ensure they win every year but who doesn't? Their forwards and defence are great-to-awesome. They really shouldn't be doing anything with their roster, especially anything involving acquiring another tweener 2nd/3rd liner.

tokenmetalhead* is offline   Reply With Quote